Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living. EHAI is seeking to employ an Administrative/Finance Officer who will provide direct support to the Administration department as well as ensure financial operations, banking relationship and finances to sites and state office are effectively and efficiently carried out.
OPEN TO:All Qualified Candidates
APPLICATION OPENING DATE: 9th of September, 2020
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 23rd of September, 2020
WORK HOURS SHALL BE: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Head, Administration and Human Resources || Head, Financial Management
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The Administrative and Finance Officer will assist the Administration and Finance Department to oversee the Administrative and Financial management of the project in EHAI Abuja State Office and also ensure that all the policies and procedure are in accordance with EHAI and donor requirement.
KEY ADMINISTRATIVE AND HR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update the filling system and manage filing of the office documents for both hard and electronic copies.
- Minutes taking at regular office meetings, schedule meetings, maintain the staff meeting calendar, circulate meeting agenda etc.
- Proper management of office supplies, equipment and facilities.
- Collaborating with Hotel management and other vendors in the reservation of accommodation and provision of all required services at meetings and trainings.
- Assist in facilitating immediate repairs of faulty equipment, furniture and appliances to avert further degeneration and ensure that they reach their expected life span or replaced if required.
- Maintain and control confidential HR records as well as maintain and support office operations and administration in state office.
- Maintain the leave management system and determine/reconcile leave entitlements.
- Assist in Coordination of project drivers, security and cleaner to ensure that the standards of an enabling working environment is provided and maintained for staff to enable them discharge their duties.
- Making phone calls and/or responding to all callers in a friendly, professional and courteous manner whilst responding to queries from the general public including stakeholders and informing affected staff accordingly.
- Oversee the activities of the procurement unit at the State office by ensuring the unit meets up with all procurement deliverables.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KEY FINANCE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update the filling system and manage the filing of the official documents for both hard and electronic copies.
- Assist in timely payment and retirement of program expenses and operations in compliance with EHAI and donor financial policy.
- Assist in budgeting and budgetary control of program activities within the state;
- Ensure coordinating of all financial activities in the state office
- Ensure timely financial reporting and compliance for all supported Sites.
- Assist in disbursement, documentation and reporting of all transactions.
- Responsible for document storage and retrieval process
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ensure Compliance in Vendor payment process
- Tax administration
- Capturing of financial transactions in Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2016 ERP
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Administrative/Finance Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Effective Communication and writing skills.
- Functional Efficiency across various departments.
- Work experience as an Administrator and Accountant.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Strong ethics and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Ability to use Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2016 ERP
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- First degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Economics B.sc or HND in Accounting, Finance, or related courses.
- 3-4 years’ experience in an Admin/Finance- related role.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.