Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Family Health International (FHI 360) on the Alive and Thrive project in Lagos State; engaged to document feasibility of implementing a standard package of IYCF counseling and support for pregnant women and mothers who use private health facilities in Lagos to improve early initiation and exclusive breastfeeding and to generate evidence on the impact of implementing the IYCF package on exclusive breastfeeding practices.
To support this process, EHAI is required to fill the following position.
POSITION: Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) Master Trainer
OPENING DATE: February 25, 2019.
CLOSING DATE: March 7, 2019
DURATION: 13 Months
JOB TYPE: Part time
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Head, Clinical and Quality Improvement Services
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Job Description: The Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) Master Trainer will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality Urban Private Sector Model of IYCF Counseling in Private Health Facilities in Lagos State within the Alive and Thrive Project.
Will on the project work with the selected health facilities to engage and build the capacity of Frontline Healthcare Workers in 10 private health facilities to deliver a package of high quality breastfeeding support services, which will be integrated within existing services.
- Retired registered Nurse/ Midwife with at 15 years’ experience in years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in provision of support for Infant and Young Child feeding and Support for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Report writing skill.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Counselling skill.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with the design, implementation and monitoring of Infant and Young Child Feeding, especially in Implementation Research.
- Certification of license to practice as Registered Nurse/ Midwife, expertise in Infant and Young Child Feeding will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for;
- Oral interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate position and location in their application letter.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.