Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race by implementing highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is seeking to employ a Compliance Officer who will monitor the performance of all financial and operational functions within EHAI, as well as initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: April 19, 2023
CLOSING DATE: May 3, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The Compliance Officer will help EHAI manage risks and avoid lawsuits by ensuring business operations comply with state and federal laws. S/he will review company policies and create metrics to help track compliance and perform compliance audits.
- S/he will identify gaps in existing internal control systems and provide recommendations to strengthen them; will identify gaps in staff’s knowledge and skills in EHAI Policies & SOPs, will provide recommendations for training; and may provide training directly to staff.
- Ensure compliance with EHAI policies, SOPs and applicable local laws.
- Initiate development of compliance/internal audit work tools
- Review all entries posted into the NAV 13 ERP software: Petty cash book, cash books, Receivables, Payables, ledger accounts, etc.
- Review and monitor sub-contract agreement implementation.
- Review sites’ financial reports using a tracker sheet to monitor payments, budget, and actuals.
- Develop and regularly update sites payments lists.
- Follow up with the finance unit on reimbursement of retired site funds.
- Initiate review of SOPs for continuous update.
- Develop an annual audit plan for the unit and follow up on the execution.
- Carry out a regular review of EHAI’s level of compliance with donors’ requirements, Nigeria Government legislation, and any other applicable laws.
- Constantly monitoring approval granted from funders on restricted funds.
- Review vouchers on every grant to ensure complete and accurate documentation.
- Check the frequency of PAYEE & WHT remittance to the appropriate authority.
- Review HR operations by establishing the recruitment process, employee pension and NHF remittance, etc.
- Review state office reports against the monthly work plan and budget.
- Confirm the authenticity and validity of all supporting documents.
- Carry out cash count at the state office every quarter.
- Carry out regular cash count at the head office.
- Carry out pre and post-payment reviews on procurement documents.
- Review all travel retirements.
- Carry out monthly reviews on payroll, NHF, pension, and other deductions.
- Submit a monthly report.
- Follow up on Management Control Report.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance.
- Strong planning and time management skills, ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced work environment and ability to easily multi-task.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Good judgment
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel application
- Proficiency in the use of Quick book accounting software
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management or a related area.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA or ACCA), Internal Audit, and Fraud Examination
- Four years of experience in compliance, risk management, or audit is required.
- Extensive familiarity with the program grants rules and regulations.
- Experience in international development programs preferred.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft Word format and a typewritten cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must indicate their position and location as the subject of their email and application letters.
EHAI is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.