Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Society for Family Health, (SFH), implementing the Global Fund HIV NFM Extension grant (Key Population Program for MSM in Lagos and Oyo States) to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria (GoN) on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
To support this process, EHAI is required to fill the following position.
Position: Finance Associate GF
Department: Financial Management
Location: Ibadan, Oyo State
Open To: All Interested Candidates
Opening Date: September 1, 2018
Closing Date: September 14, 2018
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Reports To: Head, Financial Management
Work Hours: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
Duration: 10 months (September 2018 to June 2019)
Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI) is an indigenous non-governmental organisation fully committed to ensuring equitable access to quality and efficient health care services through the implementation of intervention programs in the control of communicable diseases (e.g. HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis etc.) and non-communicable diseases of public health importance, as well as health systems support and strengthening. The Finance Associate will work to provide direct support to finance department by ensuring that financial operations, banking relationship, finances to sites and state office are done effectively and efficiently and also generate financial report as at due date.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in NAV ERP 2016 on daily basis.
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash-books.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners.
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s).
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centers & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis.
- Remittance of WHT on monthly basis.
- Compliance to Company Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ensure that all supporting documents for all transactions are dully attached.
- And any other delegated task assigned by the Finance Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a BSc in Accountancy, Higher National Diploma in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO, Grants operational environment or Audit firm is required.
- ACCA /ACA qualification is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of NAV ERP 2016.
- Good analytical mind and objective in decision making.
- Ability to relate with subordinates colleagues and superiors.
- Should also be prepared for occasional interstate travels.
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Innovative with sound mind.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Head, Administration and Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
Applicants must explicitly state the position and location applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.