[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Health Management Information System Officer to support the development and deployment of EHAI’s Health Management Information System (HMIS) using all the software and application on the projects we currently run, including DHIS2, NDR 2.0/3.0. The successful candidate will be expected to support the implementation of the HMIS at field level through on-site and on-the-job trainings, ensuring that all training activities are monitored and evaluated and that there is continuous improvement of the programme. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide technical input to support the configuration, customization and use of DHIS2 ensuring data from the health programs are accurately captured.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
OPENING DATE: 10th April 2020
CLOSING DATE: 24th April 2020
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The HMIS Officer works under the supervision of the Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training to provide HMIS specialized services to support all PEPFAR, USAID, Global Fund or any other project implemented by EHAI. The position serves as the lead team member for ongoing data trend analysis, ad-hoc reporting on routine basis, and data-driven special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates data collection to monitor performance and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data, and leads activities to support HMIS strengthening. Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of data from HMIS.
- Prepare regular and routine reports, analysis, presentations, charts, graphs, and other documents as assigned
- Oversees the data migration and reconstruction efforts. Design, develop, and implement security procedures related to data input, sharing, and viewing by HMIS participating agencies.
- Perform data quality checks and monitors for statistical trends or deficiencies.
- Ensure data review and data use coordination/management (including program and data review meetings)
- Evaluate, recommend, and incorporate new and emerging data science tools and methods into organizational processes and systems.
- Participate in relevant in-service programs and other self-directed learning activities, which promote growth in position responsibilities.
- Oversee the roll-out of harmonized NHMIS tools and supportive processes to states and implementation sites
- Develop Patient Level Database System (PLDS) effort of the project, especially the routine update of client registry, and Unified EMR solutions at sites.
- Provide expertise in the strengthening of DQA processes and tools and supervise periodic data quality audits.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to EHAI’s project Technical work group.
- Ensure adequate reporting data is provided to funders and used by project management:
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in epidemiology and Health Management Information Systems
- Experience as a Biostatistician, possessing an ability to run data analysis using appropriate statistical tools such as SPSS, EPI-Info, STATA and experience in analyzing simple and complex data, including both quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead trainings on a variety of M&E and HMIS topics
- Please note that experience of working for a Non-Governmental Organization and fluency in the local language are all desirable.
- Energetic, self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending range of solutions.
- Knowledge and use of computer based systems; demonstrated proficiency in network administration and database systems; preferably with Public Health background, with data processing and information management skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with leadership and teaching capability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage technical projects with a variety of non-profits and social service agencies
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to learn new skills and software quickly
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Windows and IOS operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using statistical software a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful you will have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in any of Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health and relevant field experience working with management of health facility data.
- Possession of a Master degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health and having relevant field experience working with management of health facility data will be an added advantage.
- He/she must have proven working experience as an HMIS Officer or Biostatistician with a minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.