JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL OFFICER – CLINICAL LABORATORY SERVICES
Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), implementing the CDC/PEPFAR III ACTION to control HIV Epidemic through Evidence (ACHIEVE) project in FCT, Abuja and Nasarawa State to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services and strengthen the health system.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country we are seeking a qualified candidate for the vacant position below:
OPEN TO: All Interested and qualified Candidates
POSITION: Technical Officer – Clinical Laboratory Services
OPENING DATE: February 5, 2018.
CLOSING DATE: February 16, 2018
JOB TYPE: Full time
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Head, Clinical Laboratory Services
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Job Description : Technical Officer- Clinical Laboratory Services will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the HIV care and treatment project in Nigeria, including laboratory capacity development at ACHIEVE Project Health Facility Sites in Nasarawa and Abuja.
Management of laboratory services, particularly health facility-based services, including quality assurance systems, laboratory analysis, and interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices.
B.Sc. in Laboratory sciences or related field with 4-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Report writing skill.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Counselling skill.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with the design, implementation and monitoring of clinical testing activities, especially in an HIV/AIDS environment.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development organization preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist, expertise in TB and research will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for;
- A written test
- Oral interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate position and location in their application letter.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.