Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living. We are looking to hire a Research and Data Analytics Officer to support EHAI’s drive towards digitalization of all programmatic, operations, and research activities.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
OPENING DATE: December 6, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 20, 2022.
WORK HOURS: 8:00 am to 5.00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The Research and Data Analytics Officer works with the Health Information and Digital Services Team, under the supervision of the CEO, to collect, organize analyze, and interpret data to help with decision-making on projects and for organizational growth as well as support all research activities within the organization. The position will work with the team responsible for ongoing data trend analysis for the generation of health information, ad-hoc reporting on a routine basis, and data-driven special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for research efforts in the organization
- Set up processes and systems to make working with data much more efficient
- Utilize available tools to extract data needed
- Respond to data-related queries and keep track of these
- Utilize data analytics to identify trends and patterns, provide critical insights for strategic planning and decision making on projects and for organizational growth
- Research new ways to make use of data for improved efficiency of operations and productivity
- Prepare regular and routine reports, analyses, presentations, charts, graphs, and other documents as may be required by the Management Team
- Support the data migration and reconstruction efforts of the organization
- Evaluate, recommend, and incorporate new and emerging data science tools and methods into organizational processes and systems.
- Participate in relevant in-service programs and other self-directed learning activities, which promote growth in position responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- An ability to run data analysis and analytics and experience in analyzing complex quantitative data sets.
- Ability to create programming codes and combine it with statistical knowledge to create insights from data
- Energetic, and self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, and strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending a range of solutions.
- Knowledge and use of computer-based systems; demonstrated proficiency in network administration and database systems; preferably with a Public Health background, with data processing and information management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage technical projects with a variety of non-profits and social service agencies
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn new skills and software quickly
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Windows and IOS operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience using statistical software a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills are essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful you will have a bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in Computer Science, MIS, Public Health, and any other relevant science field.
- He/she must have proven working knowledge of data science, data analysis, and analytics, and programming.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.