Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting humanity by implementing innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: August 15, 2023.
CLOSING DATE: August 30, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:00 am to 5.00 pm (Monday to Thursday) 8:00 am to 2.00 pm (Friday)
REPORTS TO: Head, Community Programs and Laboratory Services
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria.
OVERALL, JOB PURPOSE: To rapidly increase the level of tuberculosis (TB) cases detected and treated in EHAI-supported Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Lagos and Ogun State
- Oversight and mentoring of TB LON 3 (Community)activities in 10 supported LGAs and 2 supported LGAs in Ogun state.
- Collect and collate the project data generated from the communities.
- Support transportation of the sputum of any presumptive TB client in their work area / LGA to the diagnostic laboratory and ensure result retrieval.
- Mentor the CFAs/CBOs/CVCs to ensure proper project implementation.
- Supervise client linkage to the DOT center where his/her details are entered in the presumptive TB register.
- Provide mentorship on the appropriate specimen from all presumptive TB cases and tested with GeneXpert; use AFB microscopy where GeneXpert is not accessible.
- Support the CBO/CVC to ensure patients who are unable to produce sputum are linked to X-ray services.
- Ensure all TB patients are started on treatment and adequately documented in the treatment register.
- Check and ensure the health facility register for TB screening is completed correctly, including the page summary.
- Support Contact tracing of index TB (bacteriological) patients to provide TB services
- Assist the CBOs/CVCs in submitting weekly data to EHAI.
- All CBOs/CVCs must be visited for Supportive Supervision (SSV) once a month and submit an SSV checklist 72 hours post visit.
- Submit a monthly narrative report.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Ability to work independently or in teams
- Compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance
- Strong planning and time management skills, ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced work environment, and ability to multi-task with ease
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Attention to detail
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution/ problem-solving skills
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Good judgment
- Sense of humor
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Sc. in any health-related field.
- Fluent English
- Experience supervising others.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft Word format and a typewritten cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through email@example.com.
Candidates must indicate their position and location as the subject of their email and application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.