Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Technical Officer to support USAID’s Child Blindness Program through the Integrated School and Community Eye Health (I-SCEH) project in Oyo State. The purpose of I-SCEH is to reduce the burden of preventable blindness in Oyo State by improving access to quality eye care services for vulnerable children through integration of sight saving services into the community, School Health and PHC System.
Target Population: The target population on this project are in and out of School children, 18 years and below in 4 selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Oyo State.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: March 16, 2022
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2022
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Project Director and Head, Prevention, Clinical and Quality Improvement Services
LOCATION: Oyo State, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The person will be responsible for providing programs and health information management support on the project. Coordinate trainings, eye screening at service sites and meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for providing programs and health information management support on the project. Coordinate trainings, eye screening at service sites and meetings.
- Coordinate logistics for the distribution of corrective lenses to children in schools and at PHCs.
- Coordinate reporting activities of Documentation Associates on the project.
- Coordinate data collection and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Prepare regular and routine reports – weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Ensure all reporting templates such as registers are filled completely at all service sites
- Coordinate data verification and data audit (DQA) exercises to ensure accuracy of provided data.
- Maintain an inventory of M&E tools at service sites.
- Availability for any other task as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience implementing public health interventions and primary healthcare level
- Experience working with a Non-Governmental Organization
- Experience in epidemiology and Monitoring and Evaluation of Populations and Health Programs.
- Knowledge and use of computer-based systems, possessing an ability to run data analysis using appropriate simple statistical tools such as MS Excel
- Demonstrated monitoring, mentoring, supervision and evaluation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead trainings on a variety of Program and M&E related topics relevant to ongoing projects.
- Energetic, self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending range of solutions.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, with leadership and teaching capability, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality reports and results.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in the local language are all desirable.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Public Health, Epidemiology, Social work, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field is required.
- 4 years cognate experience, which must include at least 2 years in relevant position.
- Knowledge of health systems strengthening activities
- knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs / CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders
- Establish and maintain productive relationships and linkages with key stakeholders including health institutions, schools and government officials.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: email@example.com with the job position and location clearly indicated on the cover letter and as the subject of the email.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.