Drivers/ Global Fund HIV Key Population-Anambra and Enugu States
Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Society for Family Health, (SFH), implementing the Global Fund HIV grant for KPs in Oyo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia States of Nigeria to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria (GoN) on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services while also strengthening KP organisations.
To support this process across supported locations, EHAI requires the services of three Drivers who will be domiciled at selected supported KP organisations in Anambra and Enugu States.
OPENING DATE: 30th March 2020
CLOSING DATE: 13th April 2020.
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
DURATION: 9 months (April 2020 – December 2020)
SUPERVISOR: Transport Officer
REPORTS TO: Transport Officer
LOCATION: Anambra and Enugu States.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The Drivers will provide reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
- Provide Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials: Drives office vehicles for the transport of EHAI staffs, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle: Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information: Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle log books, fuel voucher booklet, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of the city and local roads
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and good driving skills
- Proficiency in English language.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift weights of 20-40kg
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience as a Driver in a similar Organisation will be an added advantage.
- Language Requirements: Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
- Must not be less than 30yrs.
TRAVELS: Extensive travel within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to CBOs, participation at trainings, meeting, outreaches and program review workshops.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.