EHAI is seeking to engage a consultant to provide technical assistance and support the drive for enrolment of TB patients into a State Social Health Insurance Scheme in 1 state in Southwest Nigeria
Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI) is an indigenous NGO fully committed to positively impacting the human race through research, training, and implementation of innovative public health projects in the control of Infectious and Non-Communicable Diseases of public health importance and Health Systems Strengthening in Nigeria. We are focused on supporting the Government of Nigeria at the Federal and State level in achieving sustainable health financing and Universal Health Coverage (UHC) to ensure that Nigerians, especially those living in rural and underserved areas, have access to affordable, equitable and quality health care services.
EHAI was engaged by the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria to drive Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) activities integrate tuberculosis care into the State Health Insurance Schemes minimum health benefit package in one State in Southwest Nigeria.
DRM Project Rationale
EHAI is implementing the DRM project with funds from IHVN. The objectives of the project include:
- Increasing Government Funding for State TB budget by at least 30% and mobilize additional funds for sustainable financing of TB programs
- Documenting the feasibility of successful and sustainable integration of TB Services into the benefit package of the State Social Health Insurance Scheme
- Generate evidence on the impact of the project on TB Clients, Health Facilities and Stakeholders
Purpose of the Assignment
To provide consultancy services to drive the enrolment of TB patients on the State Social Health Insurance Scheme and integrate tuberculosis care into the benefit package of the State Social Health Insurance Scheme.
- To provide support to the State TB Program for tracking the enrolment of TB patients on State Social Health Insurance Scheme in all the Local Government Areas of the State
- Provide support to the Local Government TB and Leprosy Control Supervisors in all the LGAs to facilitate active enrolment of TB clients on the State Social Health Insurance Scheme
- Provide evidence-based support for TB patient mobilization for enrolment in all 30 LGAs
Anticipated Deliverables and timeline
- Weekly virtual meeting with EHAI CEO to discuss progress and challenges on the project
- Comprehensive End of Project narrative report including score card for each LGA
The consultant reports directly to the CEO of EHAI
Short term assignment from July 1st, 2021 – September 30th, 2021
Qualification and Skills
- MBBS or BSc with an MPH, MSC or corresponding degree in epidemiology, health economics or international/global health
- At least 10 years of cognate working experience in public health interventions
- Experience working in communities
- Skills in applying and using software for data collection & data validation
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
Application and information
Hard copies of your application including your curriculum vitae with 3 professional references (which must be indicated on your CV) should be submitted in person with the Head of Administration and Human Resources at 2B Itohan Avenue, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos. The deadline for Submission is 20th June 2021.