Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Communications /Corporate Social Engagement Officer to support the strategic communications, fundraising and grant optimization goals of the organization.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
OPENING DATE:July 16, 2020
CLOSING DATE:July 30, 2020.
WORK HOURS:8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO:Chief Executive Officer and Head Corporate and Social Enterprise Unit
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: Coordination, support and implementation of effective communication initiatives, mechanisms and strategies in stakeholder engagement and program implementation including the development of IEC materials, health promotion activities, media engagement, website and social media management. The position will also coordinate private sector engagements through development and maintenance of relationships with private sector organizations, corporate response to all inquiries by members of the public about EHAI’s activities, maintenance of the organization’s website and available social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blogs, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Coordination of all media relations of the organization; helping the organization leverage on the use of multiple communication channels – radio, TV and print media.
- Maintenance of the organization’s website and social media networks to publicize the organization’s activities.
- Projection of the organization’s image by creatively sharing success stories on implemented projects and activities.
- Liaising with the various thematic units to conceptualize, adapt, develop and review Information, Education and Communication materials across projects. This includes coordination of monthly inventory of IEC materials
- Facilitating the organization’s health promotional activities organizing and managing events for World AIDS day, World TB day, World Malaria day and other relevant United Nations International Health days.
- Grants sourcing: Working with the organization’s research and grant writing team; participating in proposal development
- Contribute to research activities by developing questionnaire and survey materials when the need is identified across projects.
- Design and implementation of the Social and Behaviour Change Communication component of all projects implemented by the organization.
- Contribute to the development of donor deliverables such as Quarterly progress reports and final reports.
- Private sector engagement and partnership building: development and maintenance of relationships with private sector organizations and other potential partner organizations
- Respond to inquiries by members of the public about the organization’s activities
- Explore fund raising possibilities/philanthropic donations from high net worth individuals or private sector companies
- Explore possible areas of partnerships/joint delivery of goods and services with other organisations in the public and private sectors with a view to improving the value chain of our activities.
- Maintenance of the organization’s website and available social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, YouTube etc.).
- Development of proposals to strategically market EHAI Corporate Social Enterprise such as Equilabs Foundation and Continuous Quality Improvement projects.
- Optimization of all necessary and available channels for business creation and marketing for existing and new enterprises. This should be done with the use of social media platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be a good communicator – face-to-face, over the telephone and using social media.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Knowledge Management tools
- The individual must be creative and have in-depth understanding of broadcast media
- Demonstrated experience developing communications strategies, annual plans, and materials related to technical areas across EHAI’s projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and coordinate the production of storytelling visuals (photos, videos and graphics).
- A general understanding of public health is a benefit.
- Ability to work comfortably with groups and culturally sensitive populations.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Availability to travel within Nigeria 50% of the time
Personality: The individual must be highly motivated, able to take initiative, reliable and comfortable relating to internal and external stakeholders. Excellent communication skills are critical for this role and proven organization skills are also necessary to succeed in this role.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
At least Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication or related discipline or education with at least two years of experience in similar position. A masters degree in Public Health is highly desirable.
Previous health communication experience with developmental organizations and NGOs
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: email@example.com
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.