Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living. EHAI is a subgrantee of the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), implementing the CDC/PEPFAR III ACTION to control HIV Epidemic through Evidence (ACHIEVE) project in FCT, Abuja, and Nasarawa State to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria on the HIV epidemic response to provide High-quality free HIV prevention, care, and treatment services and strengthen the health system. This entails documentation requirements across supported sites.
To support this process, EHAI requires the services of Documentation Associates (Das) who will be domiciled at selected supported health facilities.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates with at least an Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
POSITION: Documentation Associate
LOCATION: Nasarawa State (3 positions)
OPENING DATE: September 30th, 2020.
CLOSING DATE: October 12th, 2020.
JOB TYPE: Temporary/Contract
WORK HOURS: 8:00 am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
DURATION: 11 months (November 2020 to September 2021)
SUPERVISOR: Technical Officer, SKM&T, Field Operations.
REPORTS TO: Head, Strategic Knowledge Management and Training
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assist the M&E unit of the facility in data entry, cleaning, collation, and verification including data updates in the data reporting tools across all service delivery points in the HIV/AIDS program at the facility, report patient-level information on the various forms and national tools provided.
- Shall assist the site M&E officer in enrolling patients into the appropriate national tools whenever the need arises. Shall be responsible for the enrolment of patients into care or treatment and he/she shall ensure daily/weekly update of all patient-level encounters on the facility EMR.
- Work with the SKM &T Department of EHAI on the ACHIEVE project to report and update data on the various databases and forms provided across thematic areas.
- Support the M&E staff in pulling patient folders before and after each clinic to update patient information in the various data collection tools. This is collated every clinic day and filed back appropriately.
- Assist in data reporting from the site using the facility EMR to generate queries, Indicator Reports (IR), RADET, NDR, and any other data requirement as may be applicable to each site (including DHIS, NMRS updates).
Documentation Associates may be required to provide Backstopping responsibilities to contiguous sites other than the one they are domiciled at for the purpose of data collation and verification during the monthly reporting period for which all M&E activities must also be correctly conducted.
QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND, Computer Science, Biological sciences, HMIS, or any other relevant field of study.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access), SPSS.
- Must be based and familiar with the communities within the Nasarawa States.
- Good communication skills.
- Residence in Nasarawa State
- Experience as a volunteer at a similar job in a Development partner will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for an Oral interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a typewritten cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through email@example.com
Candidates should indicate position and location in their application letter.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
oes not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.