Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) REST For Her Project
Funder: Grand Challenges Canada (GCC)
The REST for Her project is a Virtual Safe Space for women and girls that provides information, education and support on Gender Based Violence issues in Nigeria. We achieve this by providing access to: information on SGBV prevention (relationship and self-defence skills), a directory of local service providers (treatment, shelter, legal, psychosocial and economic support), and guidance on how to access assistance in SGBV distress situations.
- Our vision is a world where women and girls are safe from the threat, harm and limitations of gender-based violence.
- We desire that our services (awareness, information and education, counselling as well as appropriate referral) will in turn increase self-confidence and rights awareness, strengthen relationship and defense skills in women and girls. We also link survivors of gender-based violence to services that will ensure their safety, justice and needs met. Our Virtual Safe place will transform attitudes, beliefs and norms that justify violence against women and stigmatize their survivors.
TARGET POPULATION: Women and Girls of all age group, status, living anywhere in Nigeria especially in Lagos State.
Create awareness of SGBV services among community members through online and mobile telephone-based services
- 416,000 women and girls access the website and mobile app and engage with SGBV content
- 500 women and girls receive counselling services via the chatbot and toll-free lines
- 250 women and girls receive other SGBV services (e.g. legal aid, shelter, treatment, rehabilitation) via referrals through the chatbot and toll-free lines
Improved knowledge and understanding of SGBV
- 2600 women and girls complete an SGBV education module on the website and mobile app
- 2340 women and girls report improved SGBV knowledge and awareness
Capacity building for case managers on the provision of online and mobile phone based SGBV services.
- 7 female SGBV response team members trained on how to provide of online and mobile phone based SGBV services
- 7 female SGBV response team members demonstrating change in awareness and knowledge on SGBV service provision
WHAT YOU WILL FIND ON THE REST For Her WEBSITE
- Educative and Informative resources on prevention, protection and support for gender-based violence
- Psychosocial First Aid for survivors including referral
- Self-defense education
- Stories of survivors
- Directory of gender-based violence support services across Nigeria
- Chatbot where you can get real time accurate and confidential responses to your questions and need.
TOLL- FREE LINE 080040404040
WHO CAN ACCESS SERVICES ON THE REST For Her PROJECT?
Women and Girls of all age group, status, living anywhere in Nigeria especially in Lagos State.
WHO CAN I REPORT?
- You can report ANYBODY!!! Family member (Parent, Sibling, Uncle, Auntie), Neighbour, Teacher, friend, Imam, Pastor, Security Officer, Boss, Sponsor…ANYBODY
DO YOU NEED GENDER BASED VIOLENCE SUPPORT?
- If you or someone you know has experienced sexual assault?
- Are you or someone you know experiencing any form of gender-based violence?
- Then you or that person needs help it doesn’t matter how old or how young you can access our services that can provide you with support and advice.
- you can call the REST project Hotline on 080040404040 which routes the caller to a first responder who will give help them find the nearest sexual assault service provider. You can also search the directory here (https://restforher.com/about-project/#)
- Our trained First Aid responders will professionally guide you on step next steps after listening to you without judgement.
HOW CAN I KNOW
You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok at @ RESTforHer