Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race by implementing highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living. We are looking to hire a Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training to support the development and deployment of EHAI’s Strategic Information (SI) Systems using all the software and applications on the projects we currently run. In addition, you will be expected to support the implementation of all SI activities at the field level through on-site and on-the-job training, ensuring that all training activities are monitored and evaluated for quality and that there is continuous improvement of the program at all levels. You will also be expected to provide technical input to support the use of all reporting platforms, including DHIS2, NDR, and any other platform, ensuring data from the health program is accurately captured and reported.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
Application Opening Date: September 7, 2022
Application Closing Date: September 21, 2022.
Work Hours shall be: 8:00 am to 5.00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
This position reports to the Head of Strategic Knowledge Management &Training.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The Technical Officer, M&E, reports to the Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training. S/He will, with supervision and guidance from the HoD, S/He shall provide supervision on M&E technical deliverables and services to support all PEPFAR, USAID, Global Fund, or any other project implemented by EHAI. The position serves as the Team lead for ongoing data reporting on the ACHIEVE Project and shall coordinate all reporting on a routine basis, working with responsible field staff across reporting Health facilities, and on other data-driven projects as may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates data collection across reporting Health Facilities to monitor performance, ensure timely data compilation and reporting, and lead activities to support all M&E activities.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting data from reporting sites on the project across all reporting platforms.
- Prepare regular and routine reports – weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual. As assigned, providing result analysis, making presentations using appropriate charts, graphs, and other tools, and reporting to stakeholders.
- Monitor, evaluate and report all CDC/ACHIEVE HIV/AIDS project activities.
- Provide all IHVN/EHAI partner sites with necessary reporting tools to ensure data is collected in an organized and verifiable manner.
- Ensure that all relevant staff at the PHCs and SHCs, including the FBOs, are mentored and trained in data collection, documentation, and validation.
- Develop reporting templates, ensure thoroughness, accuracy, consistency, and quality in data collection processes across reporting sites, and support the development and implementation of SOPs for program data management.
- Oversee regular data verification and data audit (DQA) exercises to ensure the accuracy of provided data.
- Working closely with all the Site Program Associates (SPAs) and Documentation Associates (DAs) to ensure understanding of all recommendations for remedial action from any data audits and comply with those recommendations.
- Develop and utilize IT innovations to improve data quality and report.
- Maintain an inventory of M&E tools at supported sites and in the store. Report and make requisition for devices as at when due.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to sites and complete the feedback forms indicating work done and areas needing further attention to improve the M&E systems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of midterm and end-of-project evaluation and special data requests as may be required.
- Participate in Research work and project/program development. Identify and suggest methodologies, best practices, and findings that may improve programs, including those other programs that can be useful for EHAI Nigeria Grant writing thrust.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in epidemiology and Monitoring and Evaluation of Populations and Health Programs.
- Knowledge and use of computer-based applications and systems, ability to run data analysis using appropriate statistical tools such as MS Excel, SPSS, and STATA, and experience analyzing simple and complex data, including quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Demonstrated monitoring, mentoring, supervision, and evaluation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead training on various M&E-related topics relevant to ongoing projects.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, leadership, and teaching capability, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation. Please note that experience of working for a Non-Governmental Organisation and fluency in the local language is desirable.
- Energetic and self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills and strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending a range of solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage technical projects with a variety of non-profits and social service agencies
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to learn new skills and software quickly
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality reports and results.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful, you will have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in any Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health, and relevant field experience working with management of health facility data.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, and Public Health and having relevant field experience working with management of health facility data will be an added advantage.
- S/He must have proven working experience as an M&E Officer with a minimum of 3 years of cognate experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should provide detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a typewritten cover letter with the position applied for clearly indicated on the subject of the mail and the cover letter/application letter and send these to the Head of HR, EHAI through: email@example.com.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.