Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI) is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to ensuring equitable access to quality and efficient health care services through the implementation of intervention programs in the control of communicable diseases (e.g. HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc.) and non-communicable diseases of public health importance, as well as health systems support and strengthening. The Technical Officer- Prevention, Care and Quality Improvement Services shall work to ensure the delivery of quality health services in HTS (HIV Testing Services), PMTCT (Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission), GBV (Gender Based Violence), PreP (Pre exposure Prophylaxis) and for Adult and Pediatric ART.
POSITION: Technical Officer- Prevention, Care and Quality Improvement Services.
LOCATION: FCT, Abuja
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
OPENING DATE: May 17, 2022
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2022
He/She will provide both technical and administrative support towards the implementation of quality and sustainable services for People Living With HIV, their family and community members, at facility and community levels in line with national policies and guidelines as well as international best practices.
- Provide technical support related health with a primary focus on prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) strategies, HTS, GBV, cervical cancer screening, Prep, Enhanced Adherence Counselling and coordinate the Cascade Management team program for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and their families
- In collaboration with EHAI staff, provide technical assistance to the public sector (FMOH and SMOH/LG) and private organizations to design, develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate strategies to effectively integrate PMTCT with adult and pediatric programs into the HIV/AIDS service delivery elements as appropriate.
- Undertake development of guidelines, tools, and recommendations related to the implementation, and evaluation of HTS, PMTCT, GBV, Cervical cancer screening, Enhanced Adherence counselling, Prep programs.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to HTS, PMTCT, GBV, Cervical cancer screening, Enhanced Adherence counselling, PREP and coordinate the Cascade Management Teams at health facilities
- Work with other programs staff and thematic areas to map out strategies to achieve set program objectives and cover gaps identified.
- Provide supportive technical and programmatic supervision across supported sites
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to HTS, PMTCT, and GBV, Prep, Cervical cancer screening programs and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent EHAI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of HTS, PMTCT, GBV, PREP, Adherence counselling
- Submit regularly scheduled reports of activities he/she carried on behalf of EHAI.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports on HTS,PMTCT, GBV, PREP, Cervical cancer screening, Enhanced Adherence Counselling and Cascade Management Team to Funders
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, and work plans
- And any other delegated task that enhances your skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- MB.BS/MD/BNS/RN/RM with 3-5years post qualification working experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in HIV projects at the health facility, and state/national levels.
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR project or other projects.
- Experience with medical practice in the Nigerian health system
- Training in HTS, PMTCT, GBV, EAC and PrEP programs
- Program-planning, Research, and coordination experience is desired.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in HIV program implementation at project-level, facility, and state/national levels.
- Good clinical and programmatic understanding of HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants, and end-users of service.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Maternal and Child Health in HIV care
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Appropriate computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 75% time.
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the. Head, Administration and Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
The application must explicitly state the position and location applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with functional email addresses and telephone numbers.
Note: Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.