Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training to support the development and deployment of EHAI’s Strategic Information System (SI) using all the software and application on the projects we currently run, including DHIS2, NDR 2.0/3.0. In addition, you will be expected to support the implementation of all SI activities at field level through on-site and on-the-job training, ensuring that all training activities are monitored and evaluated and that there is continuous improvement of the programme. You will also be expected to provide technical input to support the use all reporting platforms including DHIS2 ensuring data from the health programs is accurately captured.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
APPLICATION OPENING DATE: 9th of September, 2020
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 23rd of September, 2020
WORK HOURS SHALL BE: 8:00am to 5:00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The Technical Officer, M&E Officer works under the supervision of the Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training to provide M&E specialized services to support all PEPFAR, USAID, Global Fund or any other project implemented by EHAI. The position serves as the lead team member for ongoing data reporting on the ACHIEVE Project, ad-hoc reporting on routine basis, and data-driven special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates data collection to monitor performance and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data, and leads activities to support all M&E activities. Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of data from reporting sites on the project.
- Prepare regular and routine reports – weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports. Providing result analysis, making presentations using appropriate charts, graphs, and other tools as assigned, reporting to stakeholders.
- Monitor, evaluate and report all CDC/ACHIEVE HIV/AIDS project activities.
- Provide all IHVN/EHAI partner sites with necessary reporting tools to ensure data is collected in an organized and verifiable manner.
- Ensure that all relevant staff at the PHCs and SHCs, including the FBOs, are mentored and trained in data collection, documentation, and validation.
- Develop reporting templates and ensure rigor and quality in data collection, and support the development and implementation of SOPs for the management of program data.
- Oversee regular data verification and data audit (DQA) exercises to ensure the accuracy of the provided data.
- Ensure that M&E Officers and Data Associates (DAs) understand the recommendations for remedial action from any such the data audits, and comply with those recommendations.
- Develop and utilize IT innovations to improve data quality and reporting.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to sites and completing the feedback forms indicating work done and areas needing further attention with the aim of improving the M&E systems.
- Maintain an inventory of M&E tools at supported sites and in the store. Report and make requisition for tools as at when due.
- Participate in the design and implementation of midterm and end of project evaluation and special data requests as may be required – DQA, APR, RADET, DATIM/DHIS, NDR etc
- Participate in Research and disseminate project and program methodologies, best practices, findings, etc., including those from other country programs that can be useful for IHVN/EHAI/Nigeria GF/ NFM programming.
- Availability for any other tasks as the unit may deem necessary.
- The Technical Officer, M&E shall report to the Head of Department, Strategic Knowledge Management Department and Training at the Central office.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in epidemiology and Monitoring and Evaluation of Populations and Health Programs.
- Knowledge and use of computer-based systems, possessing an ability to run data analysis using appropriate simple statistical tools such as MS Excel, SPSS, STATA, and experience in analysing simple and complex data, including both quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Demonstrated monitoring, mentoring, supervision and evaluation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead trainings on a variety of M&E related topics relevant to ongoing projects.
- Please note that the experience of working for a Non-Governmental Organisation and fluency in the local language are all desirable.
- Energetic, self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending range of solutions.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful you will have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in any of Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health, and relevant field experience working with management of health facility data.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health, and having relevant field experience working with management of health facility data will be an added advantage.
- He/she must have proven working experience as an M&E Officer with a minimum of 3 years’ cognate experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should provide detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter with the position applied for clearly indicated on the subject of the mail and on the cover letter/application letter and send these to the Head of HR, EHAI through: email@example.com
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.