Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous tech-driven NGO with over a decade of experience in the implementation of transformational health intervention projects in 14 States across the Southern and Northern Regions of Nigeria. We are fully committed to positively impacting humanity through research, training, and implementation of innovative public health projects aimed at strengthening the health system for the control of Infectious and non-communicable diseases of public health importance. We also support sustainable financing for Universal Health Coverage (UHC), especially for the informal and marginalized sectors.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: December 4, 2023
CLOSING DATE: To be determined
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The Compliance Officer will help EHAI manage risks and avoid lawsuits by ensuring business operations comply with state and federal laws. S/he will review company policies and create metrics to help track compliance and perform compliance audits.
- S/he will identify gaps in existing internal control systems and provide recommendations to strengthen them; will identify gaps in staff’s knowledge and skills in EHAI Policies & SOPs, will provide recommendations for training; and may provide training directly to staff.
- Ensure compliance with EHAI policies, SOPs, and applicable local laws.
- Initiate development of compliance/internal audit work tools
- Review all entries posted into the NAV 13 ERP software: Petty cash book, cash books, Receivables, Payables, ledger accounts, etc.
- Review and monitor sub-contract agreement implementation.
- Initiate review of SOPs for continuous update.
- Develop an annual audit plan for the unit and follow up on the execution.
- Carry out a regular review of EHAI’s level of compliance with donors’ requirements, Nigeria Government legislation, and any other applicable laws.
- Constantly monitoring approval granted from funders on restricted funds.
- Review vouchers on every grant to ensure complete and accurate documentation.
- Check the frequency of PAYEE & WHT remittance to the appropriate authority.
- Review HR operations by establishing the recruitment process, employee pension NHF remittance, etc.
- Confirm the authenticity and validity of all supporting documents.
- Carry out regular cash counts at the state and head office.
- Carry out pre and post-payment reviews on procurement documents.
- Review all travel retirements.
- Carry out monthly reviews on payroll, NHF, pension, and other deductions.
- Submit a quarterly report to the BoT
- Follow up on Management Control Report.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance.
- Strong planning and time management skills, ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced work environment and ability to easily multi-task.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Good judgment
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel applications
- Proficiency in the use of Quick book accounting software
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management or a related area.
- Professional certification in Accounting (ACA or ACCA), Internal Audit, and Fraud Examination
- Four years of experience in compliance, risk management, or audit is required.
- Extensive familiarity with program grants rules and regulations.
- Experience in international development programs preferred.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft Word format and a typewritten cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: email@example.com
Candidates must indicate their position and location as the subject of their email and application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, or sexual orientation.