Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race by implementing highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy, and productive living. EHAI seeks to employ a Finance/Administrative Officer who will directly support the Administration department and ensure financial operations, banking relationships, and finances to sites and state offices are effectively and efficiently carried out.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: November 7th, 2022
CLOSING DATE: November 18th, 2022
WORK HOURS: 8:00 am to 5.00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Head Financial Management
Head, Administration, and Human Resources
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Finance and Administrative Officer will assist the Finance and Administration Department in overseeing the Financial and Administrative Management of the project in the EHAI Abuja State Office and ensure that all the policies and procedures are in line with EHAI and donor requirements.
KEY FINANCE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishment and monitoring of internal control policies and procedures as it relates to the organization’s accounts.
- Ensure due process and procedures are adhered to before disbursement of funds.
- Timely payment and retirement of program expenses and operations in compliance with EHAI and donor financial policy.
- Assist in budgeting and budgetary control of program activities within the state;
- Ensure prompt and effectively coordinating of all financial activities in the state office.
- Ensure timely collection and compliance of financial reports for all supported sites and submission of monthly financial reports.
- Assist in disbursement, documentation, and reporting of all transactions.
- Preparation and controlling of staff advance and follow up on staff outstanding retirements.
- Reconciling advances, including review of receipts and coding of expenses on the vouchers and capturing of appropriate vendor payment into ERP Navigator, 2016 Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2016 ERP.
- Responsible for document storage and retrieval process,e., ensuring the proper keeping of all accounting records for prompt monitoring of transactions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Reconciling bank statements every month for the organization account.
- Ensure Compliance in the Vendor payment process.
- Tax Administration.
- Interact with Internal and external auditors in completing audits,e., regular participation in the organization’s financial audits.
KEY ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update the filling system and manage to file the official documents for both hard and electronic copies.
- Minutes are taken at regular office meetings, scheduling meetings, maintaining the staff meeting calendar, circulating meeting agenda, etc.
- Proper management of office supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Collaborating with Hotel management and other vendors in reserving accommodation and providing all required services at meetings and training.
- Assist in facilitating immediate repairs of faulty equipment, furniture, and appliances to avert further degeneration and ensure they reach their expected life span or are replaced if required.
- Maintain and control confidential HR records and maintain and support operations and administration in the state office.
- Maintain the leave management system and determine/reconcile leave entitlements.
- Assist in coordinating project drivers, security, and cleaner to ensure that the standards of an enabling working environment are provided and maintained for staff to discharge their duties.
- Making phone calls and responding to all callers in a friendly, professional, and courteous manner while responding to queries from the general public, including stakeholders, and informing affected staff accordingly.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The Finance/Administrative Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Effective Communication and writing skills.
- Functional Efficiency across various departments.
- Work experience as an Accountant and Administrator.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Strong ethics and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Ability to use Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2016 ERP
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- First degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Economics B.sc or HND in Accounting, Finance, or related courses.
- ACA or ACCA
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Finance- related role.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Non-Governmental Environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are to indicate their position and location as the subject of their email and application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.