Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI) is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to ensuring equitable access to quality and efficient healthcare services through the implementation of intervention programs in the control of communicable diseases (e.g., HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis, etc.) and non-communicable diseases of public health importance, as well as health systems, support and strengthening. The Senior Technical Officer-Clinical shall work to ensure the delivery of quality health services in adult and pediatric ART, TB/HIV.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
Application Opening Date: February 14, 2023
Application Closing Date: February 28, 2023.
Work Hours shall be: 8:00 am to 5.00 pm daily (Monday to Friday)
This position reports to the Head of Technical Programs and Project Director.
Location: FCT Abuja, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
He/she shall work under the direct supervision of the Head of Technical Programs with support and guidance from the Project Director to deliver program-related goals and activities at the facility and organizational level. Particularly mentoring and training health workers on adult and paediatric ART, TB/HIV, and other clinical-related activities will be dictated by program direction to ensure the delivery of quality HIV care and treatment for clients in the supported facilities on the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Senior Technical Officer provides professional services in delivering Quality Care and Treatment Services to adult and Paediatric People Living with HIV in FCT and Nasarawa State on the PEPFAR ACTION Plus Up Project.
· He/ She will work with others at the Lagos HQ Office and EHAI Abuja State office, as well as local implementing partners and the State Government officials, to ensure that the care, treatment, and quality improvement activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s requirements.
· Will represent the organization at State and implementing partners’ forum as the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Proven skills and knowledge of current national and international guidelines in managing infectious diseases of public health interest, including HIV, TB, and Malaria.
· Excellent training and presentation skills.
· Proven ability to work independently and with little supervision.
· Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGO
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Program and budget development, planning, and implementation.
· I.T: Microsoft -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, access.
· Language: Fluent in the English Language.
· Ability to multi-task.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· M.B.B.S, or its equivalent.
· Masters in Public Health or Epidemiology from a recognized academic institution will be an added advantage.
· At least five years of post-NYSC Experience.
· Experience in Adult HIV/AIDS Care, Pediatric HIV/AIDS Care, TB Care, and Malaria program.
· Experience working with State government HIV/AIDS control programs and other stakeholders.
SELECTION PROCESS Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION Applicants should provide detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a typewritten cover letter with the position applied for clearly indicated on the subject of the mail and the cover letter/application letter and send these to the Head of HR, EHAI through: email@example.com.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, or sexual orientation.