Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), implementing the CDC/PEPFAR III ACTION to control HIV Epidemic through Evidence (ACHIEVE) project in FCT, Abuja and Nasarawa State to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services and strengthen the health system. This entails documentation requirement across supported sites.
To support this process, EHAI requires the services of a Site Program Associate at one of EHAI supported facilities in Nasarawa State.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
OPENING DATE: June 1, 2022
CLOSING DATE: June 8, 2022
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily
REPORTS TO: Head Prevention Treatment and Quality Improvement Services Department
OVERALL, JOB PURPOSE:
The Site Program Associate works under the supervision of the State Manager to provide oversight at the domiciled facility across all Departments and thematic areas on the ACHIEVE Project at EHAI. The position serves as the EHAI Program representative overseeing and coordinating all activities to achieve the set targets at the Domiciled facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall oversight at the domiciled health facility to ensure that the UNAIDS 95:95:95 target is met and specific targets across all thematic areas in the facility on the ACHIEVE Program are met
- Provides oversight on Prevention, Care, Treatment, Quality Improvement and Monitoring and Evaluation Program areas on the ACHIEVE Project in the facility
- Work with Programs staff and thematic areas to map out strategies to achieve set program objectives and cover gaps identified in the facility
- Provide supportive technical and programmatic supervision at Domiciled facility
- Prepare and ensure the submission of daily, weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports across all thematic areas
- Provides oversight on the Adult Art, Paediatrics ART, Pharmacy, Laboratory, PMTCT, Monitoring and Evaluation, GBV, PREP, Cervical cancer Screening, HTS Program areas of the ACHIEVE Project in the facility
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Ensure the availability of commodities (Pharmacy, Lab, Cervical cancer etc) and registers at the domiciled facilitiy at all times.
- Supervises all Adhoc staff and focal persons in the facility to ensure that PLHIV’s receive adequate care and treatment according to National guidelines and protocols and ensure that the Cascade Management Team functions effectively
- Work with the Medical Records/M&E Department and Documentation Associates of the facility on the ACHIEVE project to ensure accurate reporting of patient level information on the various forms, registers, national tools provided and the electronic medical record system of the facility – patient level and/ or aggregate data level through data entry, data cleaning, data verification as may be applicable to each site (including DATIM, DHIS, Open MRS, RADET, NDR,EHAI Patient level Database).
- Work with the Senior/Technical Officers, across all Departments in EHAI on the ACHIEVE project to report and update data on the various databases and forms provided.
- Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of one-year relevant experience on the HIV project at the health facility or state/national levels.
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR project
- Energetic, self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing issues and recommending range of solutions.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with leadership and teaching capability
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage technical projects with a variety of non-profits and social service agencies
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to learn new skills quickly
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using statistical software a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful you will have at least an HND or Bachelor’s degree and at least one-year relevant field experience working on the HIV Program at a health facility or State/National levels
- Possession of a Master degree in Public Health will be an added advantage
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: email@example.com
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.