Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race by implementing highly innovative programs and projects that enhance positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Communication Officer to support our Corporate Social Enterprise.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
OPENING DATE: January 9, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2023.
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer and Head Corporate and Social Enterprise Unit
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: Coordination, support and implementation of effective communication initiatives, mechanisms and strategies in stakeholder engagement and program implementation, including developing IEC materials, health promotion activities, media engagement, website and social media management. The position will also coordinate private sector engagements through the development and maintenance of relationships with private sector organizations, corporate response to all inquiries by members of the public about EHAI’s activities, maintenance of the organization’s website and available social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, YouTube etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Internal and external stakeholder engagement
• Promoting and coordinating all media relations of the organization; helping the organization leverage on the use of multiple communication channels – radio, TV and print media, and maintenance of the organization’s website and social media networks for awareness creation
• Projection of the organization’s image by reporting implemented projects, activities, and success stories
• Liaising with the various thematic units, conceptualizing, adapting, development and review of all Information, Education and Communication materials as well as coordination of monthly inventory
• Facilitating the organization’s health promotional activities organizing and managing events such as World AIDS day, World TB Day, World Malaria day etc.
• Grants sourcing: working with the organization’s research and grant writing team; participating in proposal development, research activities; development of questionnaires and survey materials as the need arises
• Design and implementation of the Behaviour and Change Communication component of all projects implemented by the organization
• Private sector engagement and partnership building: developing and maintenance of relationships with private sector organizations and other potential partner organizations
• Responding to inquiries by members of the public about the organization’s activities and request for assistance
• Explore fund raising possibilities/philanthropic donations from high-net-worth individuals or private sector companies
• Explore possible areas of partnerships/ joint delivery of goods and services with other organisations in the public and private sectors with a view to improving the value chain of our activities
• Maintenance of the organization’s website and available social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, YouTube etc.).
• Development of business plan/ proposals/Approaches as appropriate (especially Marketing) for Naija Health Radio
• Optimization of all necessary and available channels for business creation and marketing for existing and new business venture including Social Media Platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• The individual must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be a good communicator – face-to-face, over the telephone and using social media.
• Adept use of content creation tools (Canva, Photoshop etc.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email, and utilization of the internet.
• A general understanding of public health is a benefit.
• Ability to work comfortably with groups and culturally sensitive populations.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Availability to travel within Nigeria 50% of the time.
Personality: The individual must be highly motivated, able to take the initiative, reliable and comfortable relating with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent communication skills are critical for this role, and proven organisation skills are also necessary to succeed in this role.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
At least a bachelor’s degree in health communication or related discipline or education with at least two years of experience in a similar position. A master’s degree in Public Health is highly desirable.
Previous health communication experience with developmental organizations and NGOs
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their application letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.