Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire a Technical Officer, Programs/Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, to support the development and deployment of EHAI’s Strategic Information System (SI) using all the software and application on the projects we currently run, including DHIS2. In addition, you will be expected to support the implementation of all SI activities at field level through on-site and on-the-job trainings, ensuring that all training activities are monitored and evaluated and that there is continuous improvement of the programme.
Project Goal and Objectives: EHAI focuses on optimizing protection, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia through integration into the state health immunization program and community-based activities aimed at increasing knowledge and awareness of management of pneumonia for under-fives. The following objectives will be achieved on the project by 2nd December 2022:
1. Strengthen infrastructure at selected Primary Healthcare Centres (PHCs) for effective control of pneumonia;
2. Build the capacity of facility-based healthcare workers in PHCS to deliver high quality pneumonia diagnosis and treatment service;
3. Increase the knowledge and acceptance of community level pneumonia interventions;
4. Influence policy environment on improved protection, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pneumonia in Abia State.
Target Population: The target population on this project will be under-5 children, their care givers, the healthcare workers at selected high burden PHCs in all 17 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of the State.
This Position is open to all qualified candidates and application opening date is 18th November 2021 while the closing date is 3rd December 2021.
Work Hours shall be: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
This position reports to: Project Coordinator and Head, SKM&T
Location: Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Coordinates all program activities including data collection to monitor performance and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Shall take the lead on activities to support all program and M&E activities.
- Prepare regular and routine reports – weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and report all project activities.
- Ensure that all relevant staff at the PHCs and SHCs are mentored and trained in data collection, documentation and validation.
- Ensure all reporting templates such as registers are filled completely, ensure rigor and quality in data collection, and support the development and implementation of SOPs for management of program data.
- Oversee regular data verification and data audit (DQA) exercises to ensure accuracy of provided data.
- Maintain an inventory of M&E tools at supported sites and in the store. Report and make requisition for tools as at when due.
- Participate in the design and implementation of midterm and end of project evaluation and special data requests as may be required – DQA, DHIS etc.
- Availability for any other tasks as the unit may deem necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in epidemiology and Monitoring and Evaluation of Populations and Health Programs.
- Knowledge and use of computer-based systems, possessing an ability to run data analysis using appropriate simple statistical tools such as MS Excel, SPSS, STATA and experience in analyzing simple and complex data, including both quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Demonstrated monitoring, mentoring, supervision and evaluation skills.
- Ability to facilitate and lead trainings on a variety of Program and M&E related topics relevant to ongoing projects.
- Please note that experience of working for a Non-Governmental Organisation and fluency in the local language are all desirable.
- Energetic, self-motivated with demonstrable analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills, such as assessing the issue and recommending range of solutions.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, with leadership and teaching capability, including evidence of quality report writing and presentation.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality reports and results.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- To be successful you will have a Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in any of Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health or epidemiology
- Relevant field experience working with management of health facility data as Program/M&E Officer with a minimum of two (2) years’ cognate experience
- Possession of a Master degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Public Health or Epidemiology and having relevant field experience working with management of heath facility data will be an added advantage.
- He/she must have a working, talking control of the local language.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The Technical Officer, Program/M&E Officer works under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and Head, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training to provide Program/M&E specialized services to support all Pfizer Foundation/GHIG project implemented by EHAI.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should provide detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter with the position applied for clearly indicated on the subject of the mail and on the cover letter/application letter and send these to the Head of HR, EHAI through: firstname.lastname@example.org
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.