So, how do you remember everything the doctor told you about avoiding cancer?
This Acronym should help you…..
Tobacco: Avoid tobacco; even if you don’t use tobacco, exposure to second hand smoke might increase your risk of lung cancer
Risky Behaviours: Risky behaviours should be avoided by
- Practicing safe sex
- Not sharing sharp objects such as needles
Medical check-up: Get regular medical check to detect pre cancer conditions early
Weight Watch: Maintain a healthy weight and be physically active
Immunization: Get immunized against
- Hepatitis B.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Sun Protection: Protect yourself from the sun by
- Avoiding midday sun. Stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Staying in the shade. When you’re outdoors, stay in the shade as much as possible. Sunglasses and a broad-brimmed hat help, too.
- Covering exposed areas. Wear bright or dark colors, which reflect more ultraviolet radiation
Eat a healthy diet
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Avoid obesity
- Drink alcohol in moderation if you must
- Avoid processed meats