Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. We are looking to hire Research Assistants to support the administration of evaluation tools using Computer Assisted Person Interview on a project we currently run.
The Position is open to all qualified candidates.
Application Opening Date: 1st February 2021
Application Closing Date: 7th February 2021
Work Hours shall be: 8:00 am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
This position reports to: Principal Investigator
Location: Osun, Nigeria.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The Research Assistant works under the supervision of the Principal Investigator to administer research instruments to selected respondents in selected LGAs in Osun State on the TB LON DRM Project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Conduct interviews using study data collection tools.
- Input data into the research database platform which is relevant to the study and captures all indicators and outcome measures.
- Ensure data is collected and entered into study database in a timely manner.
- Performing routine data quality checks and data backup.
- Preparing scheduled and ad hoc data reports as requested by the Principal Investigator.
- Attending training sessions and study meetings as required.
- Any other duties as directed by the Principal Investigator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mature interpersonal and communication skills; ability to integrate into the team and maturely manage interpersonal conflict and personality differences is important.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to absorb new tasks as they arise and are assigned.
- Participation in research study or any TB intervention supported by USAID or other related donors is an advantage.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent In Epidemiology, Public Health Information Management or related fields.
- Two years’ experience in data management in TB programming and/or research project.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft packages (particularly Excel and Access).
- Ability to generate data tables, charts, graphs will be a key requirement.
- The successful applicant will be hired for a total period of 4 months. 2 months for the baseline evaluation and 2 months for the end of project evaluation. The contract can be terminated if performance is deemed unsatisfactory.
- Must be a resident in the state of work, i.e., Osun State.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should provide detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written cover letter with the position applied for clearly indicated on the subject of the mail and on the cover letter/application letter and send these to the Head of HR, EHAI through: email@example.com
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or sexual orientation.