This project which involves the Integration of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Processes to Improve Quality of Health Care in Public Secondary Health Facilities is being piloted in Ondo State, South West Nigeria by Equitable Health Access Initiative. The ultimate goal of this project is to improve the quality of healthcare and clinical outcomes in public hospitals in the Intervention State through CQI implementation in health care management processes. In the long term, the project hopes to improve by 60% institutional capacity to deliver quality healthcare services in public health facilities in Ondo State by June 2016.
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Brochure
Achievements so far:
- A successful advocacy visit of the EHAI team led by the organization’s CEO was conducted to the Honourable Commissioner for Health, the Permanent Secretaries and all Directors from the Ministry of Health and Hospitals Management Board in Ondo State.
- Constitution and inauguration of Ondo state Ministry of Health CQI State Technical Team (STT) with Terms of Reference.
- Initiation of the Development of the State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP). This will be incorporated into the State Health Plan.
- Development of baseline survey questionnaire as a Quality Improvement Capacity Building and Technical Support Needs Assessment utilizing the Standards for Quality Improvement Reporting Excellence (SQUIRE) protocol.
- Report on the 3 Day Training on Quality Improvement in Health Care.