Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Society for Family Health, (SFH), implementing the Global Fund HIV grant for KPs in Oyo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia States of Nigeria to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria (GoN) on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services while also strengthening KP organisations.
To support this process across supported locations, EHAI requires the services of M&E Associates who will be domiciled at selected supported KP organisations in the states where implementation will take place.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: 8th July 2019
CLOSING DATE: 19th July 2019.
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
DURATION: 18 months (July 2019 – December 2020)
SUPERVISOR: Technical Officer, Strategic Knowledge Management & Training
REPORTS TO: Head, Strategic Knowledge Management and Training
LOCATIONS: Oyo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia States.
NUMBER REQUIRED: One (1) Per State.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day tracking and reporting of activities under the Global Fund HIV Grant.
- The role includes but is not limited to data collection, frequent data collation; verification of results reported; analysis and presentation of findings.
- Work with the M&E unit of the CBO’s on the GF HIV Grant to report program level information on the various forms and national tools provided.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will ensure that systems are in place to measure the project’s impact and progress and that data is readily available to be used as a foundation for programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Associate will ensure provision of feedback through prescribed channels to the Head, M&E/SKM&T on weekly basis.
- Ensure that the Global Fund HIV Grant for Key Population systems are in compliance with both EHAI and SFH’s global and regional policies, procedures, standards, and strategic initiatives.
- Support other GF Key Population technical staff to design and implement assessments, stakeholder analysis and other data collection and analysis activities.
- Support the documentation of lessons learnt, best practices, program data and activities, evaluations, and information to generate donor communication pieces, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Routinely and systematically collect, validate and analyze data and ensure that it is accurate and of the highest quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be familiar with the communities within the LGAs in the States of implementation.
- Experience as volunteer at a similar job in a Development partner will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in database development/management, DHIS, SPSS, EPI-Info, Access, Excel and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to various stakeholders.
- Experience using ICT for data collection
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills. Should also possess strong coordination and organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multi-task and show good judgment.
- Excellent team work skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness especially working on the GF HIV Grant for Key Population
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Public Health, Computer Science, Economics or in any science related field. Additional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Background (including volunteer work) in public health research work will be an added advantage, good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is very essential.
- Should have a minimum of three (3) years cognate experience in M&E work, with a focus on GF funded programs.
TRAVELS: Extensive travel within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to CBOs, participation at trainings, meeting, outreaches and program review workshops.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written Cover Letter to the Head of Human Resources through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their Cover Letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, tribe, religion or sexual orientation.