Our Organization, Equitable Health Access Initiative (EHAI), is an indigenous non-governmental organization fully committed to positively impacting the human race through the implementation of highly innovative programs and projects that enhances positive, healthy and productive living. EHAI is a sub grantee of the Society for Family Health, (SFH), implementing the Global Fund HIV grant for KPs in Oyo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia States of Nigeria to provide assistance to the Government of Nigeria (GoN) on the HIV epidemic response to provide High quality free HIV prevention, care and treatment services while also strengthening KP organizations.
To support this process across supported locations, EHAI requires the services of a Finance Associate to provide direct support to the finance department by ensuring that financial operations, banking relationship, finance to CBOs and the state office are done effectively and efficiently while generating financial report as at due date.
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: 8st July 2019
CLOSING DATE: 19th July 2019.
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
DURATION: 18 months (July 2019 – December 2020)
SUPERVISOR: Finance Officer
REPORTS TO: Head, Financial Management
LOCATIONS: Oyo, Edo, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia States.
NUMBER REQUIRED: One (1) Per State.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
He/She will provide direct support to finance department under the supervision of the finance Officer, by ensuring that financial operations, banking relationship, finances to CBOs and the state office are done effectively and efficiently and also generate financial report as at due date.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in NAV ERP 2016 on daily basis.
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners.
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s).
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centers & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis.
- Remittance of WHT on monthly basis.
- Compliance to Company Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ensure that all supporting documents for all transactions are dully attached.
- And any other delegated task assigned by the Finance Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of NAV ERP 2016.
- Good analytical mind and objective in decision making.
- Ability to relate with subordinates colleagues and superiors.
- Should also be prepared for occasional interstate travels.
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Innovative with sound mind.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy, Higher National Diploma in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification hands-on experience in an NGO, Grants operational environment or Audit firm is required.
- ACCA /ACA qualification is an added advantage.
- Experience in Global Fund project is an added advantage.
TRAVELS: Extensive travel within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to CBOs, participation at trainings, meeting, outreaches and program review workshops.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format and a type written Cover Letter to the Head of Human Resources through: email@example.com
Candidates are to indicate position and location as the subject of their email and in their Cover Letters.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, tribe, religion or sexual orientation.